High School junior and senior students! There is a wonderful opportunity for you to get a six-week "paid" summer internship, "SITES", with the City of Los Angeles Public Works Bureau of Sanitation! "SITES" is the Summer Introduction to Engineering and Science Program. If you are interested in becoming an engineer, then this program is for you. Introduction to engineering and science program will be available for those that qualify.
· Paid $9/hr. and will work four (4) hours per day
· Program will start either July 6, 2015 or July 13, 2015
· Six-week PAID summer internship (July-August)
· Participate in training sessions, workshops, and educational field trips
· Gain work experience and explore careers in:
o Civil Engineering
o Environmental Engineering
o Chemical Engineering
o Environmental Science
· Must be an incoming high school junior, senior or recent graduate
· You must either:
o Live within the City of Los Angeles
o Attend a high school within the Los Angeles Unified High School District, or
o Attend a high school in the City of Los Angeles
· Must be able to provide verification of your legal right to work
· Must submit an online resume and recommendation
· Must be able to work during the hours of 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. for the duration of the program.
· Emergency release form for active interns are required to be on file.
· Students must be taking the advance Math and Science classes and completed Algebra II with B or better.
Applicants who are interested, please submit your resume and recommendation letter to RHONDA.DOWDY@LACITY.ORG. Telephone number 213 485-2656. The deadline for all applications will be June 30, 2015. The earlier the application is submitted the better the chances are to be admitted into the program.