Sunday, November 29, 2009

Challenge – Day 3

A little treat today because our grocery chain over stocked (?) on turkeys. Fresh turkeys were on sale $.99/pound. I had to buy one! So we’re having turkey for dinner tonight with stuffing and gravy. I’m wondering if this is going to put me well over 233, since I bounced up to 233 on Thanksgiving and back down to 230 by Saturday.

I need to look at recipes that reduce the amount of fat and calories that we’re eating. I saw an entertaining and interesting item on food and fat today. This story is so me!!! Here is
a link to the story


It begins “when I was growing up there was no one skinnier than me! I could eat anything I wanted and I would not put on weight. As a result I never learned how to eat…” The video goes on to explain food, weight, and BMI (Body Mass Index). Your BMI is an estimate of your body fat, based on your height and weight. So my BMI is in the obese range - but I already knew that. The higher your BMI, the higher your risk of developing such conditions as heart disease, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and type 2 diabetes. To calculate your BMI you can use this
BMI calculator at aarp.org

Breakfast: four cinnamon rolls five bacon strips w/glass of orange juice
Dinner: a full Thanksgiving dinner (again): turkey w/stuffing and cranberry sauce, snow peas, sweet potatoes with unsweetened ice tea

Sunday
November 29, 2009 @ 1335 hrs
BP: 137/99
Pulse: 94
Weight: 230.5 lbs

Visit my blog
http://whyalmost50.blogspot.com/

No comments: