Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Thanks Giving challenge

It seems that today, one should reflect on what one has to be thankful for, before racing off at 4AM to take advantage of Black Friday sales. I have much to be thankful for: I am happily married to a woman who loves me more than I love myself; I have two well-adjusted sons (emphasis on the “adjusted”). I have a fairly normal relationship with my family and friends and I try to give more than I take. There are a few missing items: enough money to get ahead of the bills, a HD motorcycle, and the freedom to visit the Pyramids of Giza. So while I would like to have more money, or at least an 2009 FLHT Electra Glide, I think is might be easier to adjust my attitude and my weight.

I am bombarded with daily messages that I should lose weight. It will reduce the strain on my heart, it will reduce the threat of diabetes, and it will add years to my mortality meter. But the difficultity that I find in getting this weight off, is well…a challenge. I’ll have to adjust my diet. I’ll have to exercise.

So here is my challenge: to lose 60 pounds….

Every day I will post my weight, blood pressure, pulse and menu for dinner + lunch. I don’t know if you want to take this journey with me, but I figure that the Biggest Loser is number one in its time slot, there are probably many people out there who might be interested in my weight management. I will greatly appreciate your feedback and suggestions on my blog
http://whyalmost50.blogspot.com Wish me luck.








DateTimeBPPulseWeight
Thursday 11/26/20098:44 AM144/10094230.0 lbs



No comments: